Rough Tor, Bodmin, July 2018; National Trust
Some of the most successful informal events that we have organised have been a simple walk through a chosen location, with several experts in their own field (sic) able to contribute from their own knowledge, and so enrich an understanding of our environment as a while.
A good recent example would be a walk through Dynamite Valley, Ponsanooth, with a geologist, and chemist and a physicist – and also members of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust.
Potential future walks:
- The first factory in Cornwall? (at the ancient late neolithic settlement at Carn Brea)
- Arthur’s legend – evidence that Cornwall traded with the whole of Europe
- Feet of Clay – how to turn granite to porcelain
- Recycling – where does it all go?
- Swifts – the flights and migrations of some of our fastest birds